As a unique faith community and as a congregation of the Body of Christ, Holy Cross Faith Memorial Episcopal Church seeks to fully embrace our values and beliefs by strengthening our core ministry areas.
These are our Ministry Goals:
- To provide quality, thought provoking, engaging programs for all ages to assist with the understanding of how we, as Christians, live the gospel.
- To provide as many HCFM parishioners and friends, of all ages, with opportunities for MISSION. This includes local, regional, national and international opportunities for MISSION.
- To more effectively communicate with the entire HCFM community about programs, activities, events and other opportunities for ministry.
- To provide expanded educational programs, classes and opportunities which will enhance and support lay ministry and clergy and lay leadership development.
- To ensure that all members and friends of the HCFM community are given ongoing opportunities to learn about the rich history and heritage of this faith community.
- Who are the ministers of the Church?
- The ministers of the Church are lay person, bishops, priests, and deacons.
- What is the ministry of the laity?
- The ministry of the lay persons is to represent Christ and his Church; to bear witness to him wherever they may be; and, according to the gifts given them, to carry on Christ’s work of reconciliation in the world; and to take their place in the life, worship, and governance of the Church.
From the Catechism